- Baker, W.J (1970) A history of the Marconi company. London, Methuen
- Barry, M (1988) The story of Cork airport. Fermoy, Eigse Books
- Barry, M.B (1985) Across Deep Waters. Dublin, Frankfort Press
- Bielenberg, A (Ed.) (2002) The Shannon Scheme and the electrification of the
- Irish Free State. Dublin, The Lilliput Press
- Bielenberg, A (Ed.) (2003) Irish flour milling: a history 600-2000. Dublin, The Lilliput Press
- Bolton, J, Carey, T, Goodbody, R & Clabby, G (2012) The Martello Towers of Dublin. Dublin, Dun-Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council and Fingal County Council
Broderick, D (2003) The first toll-roads: Ireland’s turnpike roads 1729-1858.
- Cork, The Collins Press
- Casserley, H.C (1974) Outline of Irish railway history. Newton Abbot, David and Charles
- CIBSE (1997) 100 Years of Building Services in Ireland. CIBSE 1897-1997 centenary publication
- Coe, W.E (1969) The engineering industry of Northern Ireland. Newton Abbot, David and Charles
- Corcoran, M (2005) Our Good Health: A history of Dublin’s water and drainage,
- Dublin, Dublin City Council
- Cox, R.C. & Donald, P (2013) Ireland’s Civil Engineering Heritage. Cork, The Collins Press.
- Cox, R.C (Ed.) (2006) Engineering Ireland. Cork, The Collins Press.
- Cox, R.C. & Gould, M.H (2003) Ireland’s Bridges. Dublin, Wolfhound Press
Crossland, Sir B and Moore, J.S (2003) The Lives of the Great Engineers of Ulster Vol.1. Belfast, BIH Ltd.
- Crossland, Sir B and Moore, J.S (2008) The Lives of the Great Engineers of Ulster Vols 2 & 3. Belfast, BIH Ltd.
- Delany, R (1992) Ireland’s Inland Waterways. Belfast, Appletree Press
- Delany, R (1992) Ireland’s Royal Canal. Dublin, The Lilliput Press
- Delany, R (1995) The Grand Canal of Ireland. Dublin, The Lilliput Press
- Fayle, H (1946) The narrow gauge railways of Ireland. London, Greenlake Publications
- Feehan, J and O’Donovan, G (1996) The bogs of Ireland. Dublin, Environmental Institute, University College Dublin
- Flanagan, P (1994) The Shannon – Erne Waterway. Dublin, Wolfhound Press
- Gibbon, H.D (1969) The history of water power in Ulster. Newton Abbot, David and Charles
- Gilligan, H.A (1988) A History of the Port of Dublin. Dublin, Gill and Macmillan
- Hamond, F & McMahon, M (2002) Recording and Conserving Ireland’s Industrial
- Heritage: An Introductory Guide. The Heritage Council, Kilkenny.
- Hogan, S (1980) A History of Irish Steel. Dublin, Gill and Macmillan
- Ireland, John de C (2001) History of Dun Laoghaire Harbour. Dublin, deBurca
Irish, Bill (2001) Shipbuilding in Waterford, 1820-1882. Bray, Wordwell
Kane, R (1844) The industrial resources of Ireland. Dublin, Hodges and Smith
Kilroy, J.M.C (1996) Irish Trams. Dublin, Colourpoint
- Krauskopf, S (2001) Irish Lighthouses. Belfast, Appletree Press
Lohan, R (1994) Guide to the archives of the Office of Public Works. Dublin, Stationery Office
- Long, W (1997) Bright Light, White Water. Dublin, New Island Books
- Louden, J (1940) In search of water. Belfast, W.H.Mullan & Sons
Manning, M & McDowell, M (1984) Electricity supply in Ireland: the history of the ESB. Dublin, Gill and Macmillan
- McCutcheon, W.A (1965) The Canals of the North of Ireland. Newton Abbot, David and Charles
- McCutcheon, W.A (1980) The Industrial Archaeology of Northern Ireland. Belfast, HMSO.
- Moss, M and Hume, J.R (1986) Shipbuilders to the world: 125 years of Harland and Wolff 1861-1986. Belfast, Blackstaff Press
- Motorway Archive Trust (2002) The Northern Ireland Motorway Achievement. Belfast, NI Roads Service
- Mulligan, F (1983) One hundred and fifty years of Irish railways. Belfast, Appletree Press
- Mulligan, F (2013) William Dargan: An Honourable Life, 1799-1867. Dublin, The Lilliput Press
- Murray, K.A. and D.B.McNeill (1976) The Great Southern and Western Railway.
- Dublin, Irish Railway Record Society
- O’Keeffe, P.J. & T.Simington (1991) Irish stone bridges: history and heritage.
- Dublin, Irish Academic Press
- O’Keeffe, P.J (2001) Principal roads in Ireland, 123 AD to 1608. Dublin. The National Roads Authority
- O’Keeffe, P.J (2003) Principal roads in Ireland, 1608 to 1898. Dublin. The
- National Roads Authority
- O’Neill, T.P. (1984) ‘Stone cutting and masonry’, In: Ireland’s Traditional
- Crafts. Edited by D.Shaw-Smith, London, Thames and Hudson
- Patterson, E.M (1962) The Great Northern Railway of Ireland. Lingfield, Oakwood Press
- Pavia, S and Bolton, J (2000) Stone, brick and mortar: historical use, decay and conservation of building materials in Ireland. Bray, Wordwell
- Rowledge, J.W.P (1995) A regional history of railways, Volume 16: Ireland.
- Penryn, Cornwall, Atlantic Transport Publishers
- Ruddock, Ted (1979) Arch Bridges and their Builders 1735 – 1835. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press
- Ryan, N (2005) Stone on stone. Cork, The Collins Press
Rynne, C (2006) Industrial Ireland 1750-1929. Cork, The Collins Press
Share, B (1986) The flight of the Iolar: The Aer Lingus experience 1936 – 1986. Dublin, Gill and Macmillan
- Shepherd, W.E (1974) The Dublin and South Eastern Railway. Newton Abbot, David and Charles
- Shepherd, W.E (1994) The Midland Great Western Railway of Ireland. Leicester, Midland Publishing
- Shiel, M. J (2003) Quiet Revolution: the electrification of rural Ireland, 1946-1976. Dublin, O’Brien Press
- Sweetnam R and Nimmons C (1985) Port of Belfast 1785-1985. Belfast, Belfast Harbour
- Taylor, R.M (2004) The Lighthouses of Ireland. Cork, The Collins Press
Villiers-Tuthill, K (2006) Alexander Nimmo & The Western District. Clifden, Connemara Girl
- Watson, F,G (2010) Building over the Centuries: A History of McLaughlin & Harvey. Belfast, Nicholson & Bass
- Wilkins, N.P (2009) Alexander Nimmo, Master Engineer, 1783-1832. Dublin, Irish Academic Press